What on earth is the Out-Cast?
Well, this was a series of podcasts I did back in 2010~2012 on videogames and videogame culture in Japan for an old website with a completely different crew.
I’m republishing them here on DecultureShock, but for anyone who is interested, the original website can be found here.
Well, our next podcast episode is fully complete, ready to upload, and locked in a room that none of us have the key to… So you guys get a mailbag special instead! This time it’s just me and Kyle so get ready for the Out-Cast as you’ve never heard it before– without Gwyn keeping us on track!
Mailbag Special #2!
- Do you think that Matsuno’s return to Square for Tactics Ogre will be permanent and will games like Vagrant Story 2 will be made?
- How are the SD upscales on JP blu-rays?
- Should small developers go portable only, and leave the big HD games for Square and Capcom? What in the hell is wrong with Japanese TV?
- What do you guys think of the new Devil May Cry reboot?
- Is it possible that Halo 4 is a handheld game?
- Will Nintendo push the 3DS as their lead system?
- Has the success of Monster Hunter in Japan had a bigger impact than it seems world wide ? What is this I hear about arcade games in Japan having member cards that track your wins/losses and unlockables? (And more arcade related questions!)
- What did each of you think of Parasite Eve 1 and 2?
- Did any of you manage to check out Tales of Graces f for the PS3?
- At which price does the PSP2 need to enter the market to have the slightest chance of outselling the 3DS?
- What do you know about the pet interaction system in the Last Guardian?
- How often do you 3 meet outside the podcast and what are your main activities?
- What was the mysterious game Richard played?
- Why would a company allow people to play their game but not allow them to tell anyone about it?
- Is Child of Eden really that good?
- Is there a PS3 version of Child of Eden with the PSMOVE?
- Richard, did you really buy a 360 without the Kinect bundle?
- Is Japan a nice place to live in general?
- What was the most striking difference between America and Japan?
- Other than all the different types of writing is Japanese an incredibly hard language?
- If you had to play ONE game for eternity, cant be before the PS1 and N64 days, what game would it be?
Latest posts by Gwyn Campbell (see all)
- SPEAKERPODCAST EP.145 – H.E.A.V-ho! - September 20, 2021
- SPEAKERPODCAST EP.144 – The New(s) 75! - September 12, 2021
- SPEAKERPODCAST EP.143 – Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time - August 12, 2021