What on earth is the Out-Cast?
Well, this was a series of podcasts I did back in 2010~2012 on videogames and videogame culture in Japan for an old website with a completely different crew.
I’m republishing them here on DecultureShock, but for anyone who is interested, the original website can be found here.
Welcome to our third regular episode of the outcast. This one runs for a bit over two and a half hours and we look in-depth at Yakuza 3 and 4 as well as into other gaming news from around the world.
Download below and please leave us any comments on how we can improve this podcast. Thanks for listening.
What you been doing?
- Disappearance of Haruhi
- Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations
- Tomb Raider Underworld
- Heavy Rain
- Fist of the North Star Dynasty Warriors
- Resident Evil 5: Desperate Escape
- Gundam Unicorn
- May’n Consent DVD
- X-Box Live
- Banjo Kazooie
- Fatal Frame 4
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
- PS1 Archives: Metal Gear Solid/Grandia
- Tomodachi Collection
- Playstation Move
- Hatsune Miku
1:03:05: Final Fantasy XIII Western Release/Response
- Critics and complaints
1:11:28: SPECIAL GUEST!
- FFXIII and the process of making a game
- More on Linearity!
- The JRPG vs the Western RPG
1:26:30: Yakuza 3
- Cuts, boycotts, and the history of the series
- Is the west entitled to all Japanese games?
- Name of the game
1:47:54: Yakuza 4
- New features
- New characters
- Demo play-by-play
- Real to life?
2:13:00: Let’s E-Mailing!
- How was XIII received in Japan?
- Why EoE name change?
- What’s with the Asian peace sign?
- How is P3 different from P3 – PSP?
- How was FFXIII’s Crystarium System?
- How does Japan compare to the west?
- What was the first song in Out-Cast ep02?
- Do we listen to 1UP podcasts?
- Have we played Dragon Quest IX?
Butterfly City – Zeebra
Don’t Say Lazy – Shokotan (cover)
Encounter – Metal Gear Solid 2
Yakuza kicking yo’ a$$!
Yakuza 4 tv cm
Miku Miku ni shite ageru – Hatsune Miku
God knows… – Shokotan (cover)