What on earth is the Out-Cast?
Well, this was a series of podcasts I did back in 2010~2012 on videogames and videogame culture in Japan for an old website with a completely different crew.
I’m republishing them here on DecultureShock, but for anyone who is interested, the original website can be found here.
This is the fifth episode of the Out-Cast. This time we have one thing and one thing only on our minds: Metal Gear. So join us as we spend nearly three hours on Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. Download below and please leave us any comments on how we can improve this podcast. Thanks for listening.
What’s the Happs?
* Mass Effect 2
* No More Heroes’ Paradise
* Lost and the Damned/Ballad of Gay Tony
* Jamming on the Roads
* Muteki Mario
* Evangelion Convenience Store
* Relevance of Evangelion in Japan
* PSP in Australia
* Misinformation in game stores
* Trigun: Badlands Rumble and King of Thorn
* Halo Reach Beta
* What have we played?
* Our first Metal Gear Experiences
* The Hayter Hater and Otsuka Akio
* Themes in Metal Gear
* Past Hype for Metal Gear
01:39:49: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
* Peace Walker Hype and the PSP
* Gameplay and Camera
* Getting your army and weapons
* Japanese Cast
* What you can do post game and the epilogue
* Extra Missions
* Final Thoughts
2:22:32: Let’s E-Mailing!
* How fast to games price drop in Japan?
* Does Amazon.jp ship games to America?
* Is the PSN a world wide network?
* How much is an apartment in Toyko?
* What Japanese music do we like?
* Why didn’t Fatal Frame 4 come out in the west?
* What is this Macross thing you keep talking about?
* How is the cell phone gaming market in Japan?
Metal Gear Solid Main theme
Zankokuna Tenshi no Teze – Evangelion
The best is yet to come – Metal Gear Solid end theme
Heaven’s Divide – Donna Bourke (MGS: Peace Walker)
Snake Eater – Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid Control Mix
Latest posts by Gwyn Campbell (see all)
- SPEAKERPODCAST EP.136 – Tomonori Kogawa @ Anime Los Angeles - May 10, 2020
- SPEAKERPODCAST EP.135 – Superdimensional Meets - March 22, 2020
- Piece of Peace Exhibit - March 8, 2020